Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18 month checkup

Riley had her 18-month checkup today and her stats are as follows...50th percentile for weight (23lbs), 50th percentile for height (31") and 75th percentile for nugget circumference. All in all, the doctor said, "she's perfect." The doc, nurse, and people at immunizations were all impressed by her poise during the visit. They said every other kid in today was screaming and fussing. She was on her best behavior and actually had a lot of fun tearing up the crinkly paper on the exam table and staring out the office window at everyone passing by. What a funny sight it must have been for everyone on the outside looking in at a diaper only clad, blond peanut tangled up in the blinds, cracking herself up.
We started her winter swim lessons tonight and she seemed really excited to be back in the water. We haven't done any swimming since summer, but she took right to it again. She was even more comfortable floating on her back and let me dunk her under the water. Other than the fact that the pool is like tepid bath water, it should be a fun series. Hopefully TJ can make it to some of the lessons too and then I can watch from the sidelines and stay much warmer.
On Saturday, we took her to get some studio photos to mark her 18-month milestone. Cheesy portraits are my least favorite kind of photo, but I wanted to get it done before time just gets away from me. She really wasn't into following any sort of directions, but we managed to get a few nice poses. The lolly pop actually wasn't supposed to be a prop. I was using it as a bribe, and it ended up working for the shot so we went with it. I find myself astounded lately when I look at her how big she's gotten and how quickly the time has gone. It's a good thing there's another one on the way because I'm already going through baby withdrawal. Since my baby is really a toddler who is really looking more like a little kid every day. It makes my heart ache in the most bittersweet way.

No comments:

Post a Comment